Engineering Crewman Thomas ZL-7
200 pointsThomas ZL-7 is a technical-model bioroid produced by the Genline Corporation. Following the standard period of training service on a number of starships, he attained his citizenship and enlisted in the Space Patrol. An accident on one of his first missions left him with a bionic arm and a commendation for conspicuous valor.
ZL-7 has the bland "average" appearance of stock Genline bioroid: light brown skin, short black hair, and grey eyes with a slight epicanthic fold. He is generally quite, focused, and slow to anger. His body chemistry does not react well to extensive or prolonged production of adrenaline, and many standard meds cause severe adverse reactions.
ST 13 ; DX 10 ; IQ 13 ; HT 10 .
Damage 1d-1/1d+1; BL 24 lbs.; HP 11 ; Will 12 ; Per 15 ; FP 10 .
Basic Speed 5.00 ; Basic Move 5 .
6'1"; 220 lbs.
CF: Federation (Native) .
Languages: Federation Standard (Native) .
AdvantagesArtificer 4 ; Gizmos 1 ; Legal Enforcement Powers ; Luck ; One Bionic Arm ; Patrol Rank 0 ; Reputation +1 (Patrol commendations; Large group; All the time) ; Sensitive Touch ; Single-Minded ; Versatile ; Unusual Background (Alien) .
Perks: Efficient (Machinist/TL11, Mechanic/TL11 [High-Performance Spacecraft) .
DisadvantagesDuty (to the Space Patrol; 15 or less) [-15]; Incurious (12) [-5]; Loner (12) [-5]; No Sense of Taste/Smell [-5]; Post-Combat Shakes (12) [-5]; Selfless (12) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Patrol) [-10]; Workaholic [-5]; Unusual Biochemistry [-5].
SkillsArea Knowledge (Federal Space or one planet)-13; (IQ+0) ; Armoury/TL11 (Small Arms)-17* (IQ+4) ; Beam Weapons/TL11 (Pistol)-11 (DX+1) ; Brawling-12 (DX+2) ; Chemistry/TL11-11 (IQ-2) ; Computer Operation/TL11-13 (IQ+0) ; Criminology/TL11-12 (IQ-1) ; Current Affairs/TL11 (Science & Technology)-14 (E) IQ+1 ; Electrician/TL11-16* (IQ+3) ; Electronics Repair/TL11 (Computers)-16* (IQ+3) ; Electronics Repair/TL11 (Force Shields)-16* (IQ+3) ; Electronics Repair/TL11 (Sensors)-16* (IQ+3) ; Engineer/TL11 (High-Performance Spacecraft)-17* (IQ+4) ; Forensics/TL11-11 (IQ-2) ; Free Fall-9 (DX-1) ; Law (Space)-13 (IQ+0) ; Machinist/TL11-16* (IQ+3) ; Mathematics/TL11 (Applied)-12 (IQ-1) ; Mechanic/TL11 (High-Performance Spacecraft)-16* (A) IQ+3 ; Computer Programming/TL11-11 (IQ-2) ; Electronics Operation/TL11 (Force Shields)-12 (IQ-1) ; Electronics Operation/TL11 (Sensors)-12 (IQ-1) ; Physics/TL11-10 (IQ-3) ; Piloting/TL11 (High-Performance Spacecraft)-10 (DX+0) ; Research/TL11-13 (IQ+0) ; Search-15 (Per+0) ; Spacer/TL11-13 (IQ+0) ; Stealth-9 (DX-1) ; Vacc Suit/TL11-10 (DX+1) ; Wrestling-10 (DX+0) .
* Includes +4 from Artificer.
- Standard Uniform [Body]. DR 3* vs. corr, cr, and tox; DR 15* vs. all other types. With gloves, hood helmet, and air tank, provides life support for up to six weeks. 5 lbs., 2C/6 wk.
- Omniblaster [Belt]. Stun—HT-3(3) aff. Kill—3d(5) burn sur, HUD and multispectral laser sight gives +1 skill out to 300 yards. 1.6 lbs., C/40 shots.
- Multiscanner [Belt]. Multiple scanning modes, including imaging, search, scan, bioscan, and radscanner. 1.73 lbs., 2B/6 hr.
- Hyperspectral Contact Lenses [Eyes]. Gives +3 to Vision, Tracking, and rolls to spot hidden clues or objects with Forensics, Observation, or Search skill.
- Communicator [Neck]. Range 5 miles (can be read by ship up to 500 miles away). 0.05 lbs., 2A/10 hr.
- Engineering Kit [Case]. Allows rolls of Armoury (Force Shields), Electrician, Electronics Repair (Comms, Computer, Security, and Sensors), and Mechanic (High Performance Spacecraft) at -2. 22 lbs., 20A + 15B/10 hr.
- Software (running on listed gear)
- Visual enhancement program [Uniform]. Gives +1 to Vision.
- TacNet [Uniform]. Gives +2 Tactics if all members of unit are in communication.
- Target Tracking [Uniform]. In conjunction with contact lenses, tracks up to 1,000 targets visible to hyperspectral optics. Gives size, signal strength, bearing, vectors, etc., on moving map display.
- Software tools [Multiscanner]. Gives +2 to any science skill (IQ-based /TL skill). Multiscanner can run two at a time, downloaded from full catalog on ship.