A Quick Moment from my Young Centurions Playtest

I ran the first play session of our playtest of Young Centurions, an upcoming game of Young Adult pulp adventure from +Evil Hat Productions, written by +Amanda Valentine+Carrie Harris, and +Clark Valentine and based on Fate Accelerated Edition.

I won't go into a lot of detail right now, but I had to share a moment that tickled me. The characters are Centurions, young heroes-in-training in Kansas City in 1915. Each is the spirit of an important virtue or facet of the 20th century. In this game, we have the Spirits of Duty, Endurance, Adventure, Health, and Entertainment.

While hanging out at the park one clear winter day, the Centurions met a boy named Walt and his sister Ruth. Walt had been drawing in a sketchbook earlier, and Ruth grabbed the book from him to show to their new friends. I showed the players the boy's signature.
The player playing the Spirit of Entertainment lit up. She asked if her friendship was responsible for Disney's later rise to fame. Then the players wondered if they matched up to the Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto). That was a fun conversation.

Comments

Popular Posts