Skip to main content

Mechaworldu! Overdrive

Here are a few ideas for expanding last week's minigame, Mechaworldu!

Formations

Three or more mechs may attempt to enter a formation. Choose Speed, Power, Guts, or Smarts. Each player entering the formation rolls and adds the appropriate attribute. Every mech in the formation gets +1 to rolls of the appropriate attribute and -1 to all other rolls.

You can leave a formation at any time to get +1 to any roll; you cannot attempt to enter a formation for the rest of the fight. A formation holds as long as there are three or more mechs in it.

Combining

Two or more mechs can combine into a single larger mech. This super-mech works at a larger scale than normal mechs, just as normal mechs work at a larger scale than pilots.

Each mech in the combination contributes one of its systems to the super-mech. Two mechs cannot contribute identical systems. The player who's mech contributed the system controls it and makes rolls for it using their pilot's attributes. Players must decide as a group what the super-mech does.

The super-mech can take 3 Hits. Additional damage is dealt to individual mechs. If a mech takes its 3 Hits, it is removed from the combination (blown off, discarded, whatever).

Popular posts from this blog

Voting Is Live For The 2016 Ennie Awards

The 2016 Ennie Awards are now open for voting. Go to http://www.ennie-awards.com/vote/2016/ to vote for the great gaming products in two dozen categories.

While you’re there, I hope you’ll consider voting for It’s Element-ary! for Best Family Game. I’m up against some very worthy competition, and I’m honored just to be nominated. But who knows what could happen, right?

Dungeon Crate, May 2016

For my birthday last month, my friends got me a subscription to DungeonCrate.  This service is the RPG-focused entry in the current "crate" craze, where you pay a subscription fee and a box of themed stuff is sent to your home monthly, quarterly, or whatever. Well, my first crate arrived today, and I thought I'd go through it here on the blog.





Let's Make a Character: Atomic Robo

I forgot to post this last Friday, but I had my third episode of Let's Make a Character. I made an Action Scientist (light on the Action) for the Atomic Robo RPG (powered by Fate Core). Check it out!