Skip to main content

A Captain and Her Ship for Interstellar Patrol

Here's a sample character and starship for Interstellar Patrol, my FAE campaign frame of optimistic sci-fi.

Captain Maya Riley

High Concept: Charming Commander
Trouble: Rivals in the Fleet
Other Aspects: A Lover and a Fighter; Hold It Together; Unorthodox Tactician

Approaches

Good (+3) Flashy
Fair (+2) Clever, Forceful
Average (+1) Careful, Quick
Mediocre (+0) Sneaky

Stunts

  • Because I sit in the big chair, I get +2 when I Flashily defend against bluffs, feints, or misdirection in a ship conflict.
  • Because I have lover in every port, once per session I can declare that a civilian NPC is one and gain their assistance in the plot of the week.
  • Because I am an inspiring leader, I get +2 when I Cleverly create an advantage that organizes my crew and gives them a clear plan of action.

Starship Endeavor

Propulsion: Space-Warp Engines
Tactical: Phase Beams & Torpedoes
Sensors: Broad-Spectrum Ultrascanners
Amenities: Close Quarters
Other Aspects: Always the Closest Ship

Popular posts from this blog

Voting Is Live For The 2016 Ennie Awards

The 2016 Ennie Awards are now open for voting. Go to http://www.ennie-awards.com/vote/2016/ to vote for the great gaming products in two dozen categories.

While you’re there, I hope you’ll consider voting for It’s Element-ary! for Best Family Game. I’m up against some very worthy competition, and I’m honored just to be nominated. But who knows what could happen, right?

Dungeon Crate, May 2016

For my birthday last month, my friends got me a subscription to DungeonCrate.  This service is the RPG-focused entry in the current "crate" craze, where you pay a subscription fee and a box of themed stuff is sent to your home monthly, quarterly, or whatever. Well, my first crate arrived today, and I thought I'd go through it here on the blog.





Let's Make a Character: Atomic Robo

I forgot to post this last Friday, but I had my third episode of Let's Make a Character. I made an Action Scientist (light on the Action) for the Atomic Robo RPG (powered by Fate Core). Check it out!