Possible Future GUMSHOE Games

There are a number of GUMSHOE system games available already, but I like to look to the future. What games do we know are coming? Are there any rumored to be in development? Let's see.

In Development

Evil Hat Productions is producing Bubblegumshoe, the RPG of teen detectives, primarily in the mode of Veronica Mars. Written by +Emily Care Boss+Kenneth Hite, and Lisa Steele, Bubblegumshoe has been through alpha and beta playtesting and should be going into editing this month. I was involved in both rounds of testing (though more heavily in the alpha), and this game is going to be good.

Growling Door Games is developing a GUMSHOE component for their ambitious multi-system Daedalus RPG. This game traces the same setting through three stages of your characters' growth, changing systems along the way, from Fate to GUMSHOE to Apocalypse World. Obviously, I'm looking forward to this one.

+Will Hindmarsh is working on Razed, a post-apocalypse GUMSHOE game to be published by Pelgrane Press. Word is, the game will include dials for just about every feature of your apocalypse, making it even more customizable than +Kenneth Hite's Night's Black Agents. I've been eagerly awaiting this game since I first heard about it, and I wish Will godspeed in its development.

And of course, I'm working on my own GUMSHOE system games. Ladies' Mystery Society is my stripped down game for running mysteries in the style of Murder, She Wrote and other amateur investigators. Valley of the Dawn is a game of setting mystery in which scouts for a Stone Age tribe investigate a strange valley as a possible home for their people.

Rumors

The only rumored GUMSHOE game I know about at this time is from +Kenneth Hite. He has mentioned a possible game in the style of Night's Black Agents set in post-WWII Europe involving Allied agents fighting an insurgency of Nazi werewolves in the ruins of the Third Reich. I have no idea if this game is still going forward, but it sounded awesome.

If anyone knows about other GUMSHOE system games in development, I would love to hear about them. Comment on this post, share it around, and let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts