Skip to main content

Technique: Spell-Dazzle Strike

I created this technique for a character my wife wanted to play in a GURPS Banestorm game that never got off the ground. She was going to be an elf gladiator who fought with wooden sticks enchanted with Essential Wood and Staff.

Spell-Dazzle Strike

Average
Default: prerequisite skill-5.
Prerequisite: Any unarmed combat or Melee Weapon skill; the ability to cast one or more Melee spells; cannot exceed prerequisite skill.
The turn after you successfully hit a target with a Melee spell, you may attempt a Spell-Dazzle Strike. You attack quickly while the effects of the spell still disorient your target, making it harder for them to defend against your strike. Your target is at -2 to Parry or Block or -1 to Dodge.
You can also use this technique as part of a Rapid Strike following a held Melee spell. If you do, this technique takes an additional -1 penalty.

Popular posts from this blog

Voting Is Live For The 2016 Ennie Awards

The 2016 Ennie Awards are now open for voting. Go to http://www.ennie-awards.com/vote/2016/ to vote for the great gaming products in two dozen categories.

While you’re there, I hope you’ll consider voting for It’s Element-ary! for Best Family Game. I’m up against some very worthy competition, and I’m honored just to be nominated. But who knows what could happen, right?

Dungeon Crate, May 2016

For my birthday last month, my friends got me a subscription to DungeonCrate.  This service is the RPG-focused entry in the current "crate" craze, where you pay a subscription fee and a box of themed stuff is sent to your home monthly, quarterly, or whatever. Well, my first crate arrived today, and I thought I'd go through it here on the blog.





Let's Make a Character: Atomic Robo

I forgot to post this last Friday, but I had my third episode of Let's Make a Character. I made an Action Scientist (light on the Action) for the Atomic Robo RPG (powered by Fate Core). Check it out!