Skip to main content

Creche Ship (TL10)

The creche ship is a living spaceship designed to traverse interstellar distances, land on a suitable planet, and produce genetically engineered colonists and livestock from its internal biogenesis organs (equivalent to a biotech robofac; see Spaceships 7, p. 9). It has a winged SM +7 streamlined hull. It masses 300 tons and is 30 yards long (including tail). It is self-healing.

Systems Table

Front Hull System

[1-2] Armor, Organic (dDR 6)
[3] Maw (thr-1 cut)
[4] Solar Panel Array (produces 1 Power Point)
[5-6!] Robot Leg
[core] Sapient Brain (Comm/Sensor 5)

Central Hull System

[1] Armor, Organic (dDR 3)
[2] Sails, Radioisotope (.000001g)
[3] Space Sails (Lightsail, .0001g)
[4] Ornithopter Wings
[5-6] Factory (bio-tech robofac, $30K/hr)

Rear Hull System

[1-2] Armor, Organic (dDR 6)
[3] Tail (Prehensile, thr cr)
[4] Cargo Hold (15 tons)
[5-6!] Robot Leg

The ship’s sentient brain has IQ 16, Piloting/TL10 (Low-Performance Spacecraft)-16, and Bioengineering-14 to program and operate the Factory systems. Cargo space is devoted to specialized equipment needed to grow and instruct the early colonists.

TL Vehicle ST/HP Hnd/SR HT Move LWt. Load SM Occ. DR Range Cost

Piloting (Low-Performance Spacecraft)
10 Creche Ship 33 -1/5 13 Special 300 15 +7 0 60 $54.1M

Acceleration is dependent on distance from and luminosity of local star; acceleration outside a system is .000001g. Top air speed is 500 mph; air Handling/SR is +4/5.

Popular posts from this blog

Voting Is Live For The 2016 Ennie Awards

The 2016 Ennie Awards are now open for voting. Go to http://www.ennie-awards.com/vote/2016/ to vote for the great gaming products in two dozen categories.

While you’re there, I hope you’ll consider voting for It’s Element-ary! for Best Family Game. I’m up against some very worthy competition, and I’m honored just to be nominated. But who knows what could happen, right?

Dungeon Crate, May 2016

For my birthday last month, my friends got me a subscription to DungeonCrate.  This service is the RPG-focused entry in the current "crate" craze, where you pay a subscription fee and a box of themed stuff is sent to your home monthly, quarterly, or whatever. Well, my first crate arrived today, and I thought I'd go through it here on the blog.





Let's Make a Character: Atomic Robo

I forgot to post this last Friday, but I had my third episode of Let's Make a Character. I made an Action Scientist (light on the Action) for the Atomic Robo RPG (powered by Fate Core). Check it out!