Game Designers I Think Are Awesome: Cam Banks

I first noticed Cam Banks' work when I was running Dragonlance in college. His name kept popping up in these great adventures and sourcebooks I was buying. Since then, he's gone on to lead the design of the Cortex Plus system for Margaret Weis Productions and is the RPG Director at Atlas Games, where I've had the pleasure of working with him on Feng Shui 2.

One thing I've learned from following Cam's work is to be flexible and not get tied down to a single idea or a way of thinking. His design work with Amanda Valentine on the Demon Hunters: A Comedy of Terrors RPG for Dead Gentlemen Productions merged Cortex Plus and Fate Core in a way I didn't really expect was possible.

I was overjoyed when Cam announced that he had licensed Cortex and would be taking over its next evolution under his own banner at Magic Vacuum Design Studio. If you want to follow the great stuff he's putting out, head over to Cam's Patreon. I'm a backer, and I've already seen some glimpses into what he has planned for the future of Cortex. I can say that it's pretty exciting.



Comments

Popular Posts