Skip to main content

What Did I Accomplish in March

This month, I continued my effort to produce daily content here on One Yard Hex as well as weekly Fragments on www.nothingventuredgames.com. Unfortunately, I missed my blog goal once in March, but I still exceeded my word count goals for the month.

I maintained my goal of ~100 words for posts here on this blog. To date, I am averaging about 338 words per post. Over on www.nothingventuredgames.com, my goal was still 500 words per Fragments post, but the average there dipped a little to ~480 words each. In total, I planned to write 4,700 words this month, and I ended up writing ~8,300 words.

In total, I produced:

  • 18 blog posts here on One Yard Hex, including
    • 6 GURPS posts, 
    • a 5-part series looking back at Vampire: The Masquerade 1st Edition, and
    • 7 posts on other topics; and
  • 5 Fragments posts (including tomorrow's entry) and one news post on www.nothingventuredgames.com (with another news post scheduled for tomorrow, the 31st).

I also streamed 6 Fallout 4 game sessions on Twitch, and those are all archived at my YouTube page.

I was less concerned this month about when I posted. I'll see if that had any measurable effect on views. (I suspect it won't.)

If you enjoy what I'm doing, consider becoming a patron at Patreon!


Popular posts from this blog

Voting Is Live For The 2016 Ennie Awards

The 2016 Ennie Awards are now open for voting. Go to http://www.ennie-awards.com/vote/2016/ to vote for the great gaming products in two dozen categories.

While you’re there, I hope you’ll consider voting for It’s Element-ary! for Best Family Game. I’m up against some very worthy competition, and I’m honored just to be nominated. But who knows what could happen, right?

Dungeon Crate, May 2016

For my birthday last month, my friends got me a subscription to DungeonCrate.  This service is the RPG-focused entry in the current "crate" craze, where you pay a subscription fee and a box of themed stuff is sent to your home monthly, quarterly, or whatever. Well, my first crate arrived today, and I thought I'd go through it here on the blog.





Let's Make a Character: Atomic Robo

I forgot to post this last Friday, but I had my third episode of Let's Make a Character. I made an Action Scientist (light on the Action) for the Atomic Robo RPG (powered by Fate Core). Check it out!