GURPS After The End Loadouts: Chemist
I've been working on loadouts packages for the character templates in GURPS After The End 1: Wastelanders. Each template has four archetypal skill packages, and I'm creating a loadout for each of them. Loadouts follow the format in the Loadouts series. Each package builds off of the common Basic Gear package here:
Basic Gear$127, 16 lbs.
- Small backpack [Torso]. Holds 40 lbs. $60, 3 lbs.
- Canteen [Backpack]. Holds 1 quart of liquid (2 lbs. if water). $20 ($10 x 2), 1 lb.
- Clean water, 1 quart. [Canteen]. $2, 2 lbs.
- Personal basics [Backpack]. $5, 1 lb.
- Blanket [Backpack]. $20, 4 lbs.
- 10x Rations [Backpack]. $20, 5 lbs.
The first package is for the Doc's Chemist archetype.
+$1,373, +26 lbs.
Points for Cash: 4 (150-point minimum)
The chemist doesn’t have much gear, but a few doses of antibiotics can save a life out in the wasteland. The suitcase lab includes various acids and precursor chemicals in ancient test tubes, a hand-cranked centrifuge, etc.
- Fragile, hard-to-use suitcase lab for Pharmacy (Synthetic) [Backpack]. HT 9. Allows skill roll at -3. $1,200 ($3,000 x 2 x 0.2), 20 lbs.
- 2x Ceramic bottle [Backpack]. Each holds 1 quart of liquid (2 lbs. if water). $6, 2 lbs.
- 2x Antibiotic [Backpack]. Prevents or cures (in 1d days) infections. $160 ($20 x 4 each), neg.
- Cloth cap [Skull]. DR 1*. $5, neg.
- Shoes [Feet]. DR 1*. $2, 2 lbs.
- Ordinary clothes [Body, Limbs]. First outfit is free; additional outfits cost $120. 2 lbs.